Ah, is it December again, right? The last month of the year. By the time it would be posted, we will be in the last week too. Isn’t it amusing that how fast a year meets it end and a new year arrives at our doorstep when we are in hangover state after our 31st December heavy drinking marathon.
I hope this ending year was a great ride for all of you. For me, it was an exceptional year.
Allow me list out all substantial developments and events which happened in my life this year.
1. Left Cognizant (finally). What a ride that was? Not a single day passed without surprises. Some good and some nasty. 2.7 years spent well and how much I gained there in that time was the highlight (both monetary and experiential).
2. Met new people at UX bootcamp at Bangalore. Discussing Design principles with them was awesome. I can’t ask for a better Design Mentor than Atul.
3. Attended a school’s buddy engagement at Jamshedpur. It is funny how as kids we used to attend other’s engagements and weddings and now each other’s. I still have 4 years in my hand for that stuff. Reconnected with lots of old friends.
4. Maaji got sick and luckily I was at home at that time. Thankfully my course was delayed to due some reasons. Toughest 15 days of my life.
5. Shifted to Mumbai. Biggest event of this year. I wanted to live in Mumbai since I was 15 years old. Dreams do come true. The city didn’t disappointed me at all.
6. Went back to advanced maths and stuff after college. Loved it but I had lost edge in it. Now I need calculator for almost everything. I am getting old, I assume.
7. I got the best pack at S P Jain’s Big Data and Visual Analytics program. The biggest collection of unique perspectives in a class handling toughest maths and computational problems day over day. Couldn’t have asked for a better batch considering my VR program didn’t even lift off from the runway. (It is another thing that most of their thoughts are downright stupid and they make me wonder under which rock they were living before the course.)
8. Himanshu’s Mumbai visit , coincidentally at the time when I was at my low. And the new breath of fresh perspective he brings into my life. One day hopefully, I will get a chance to work with him.
9. Made a lots of friends. Hopefully, we will meet upcoming year to talk more about design, product development and bikes.
10. N, M and A are going well interwoven in my life.
11. Crazy flatmates. I didn’t wanted to move-in in sharing flats but ended up moving in and I got a bunch of crazy people. Cheers to our late night ice cream walks at JVLR.
12. Quick visit to Bangalore to attend A’s birthday. Diwali with family was bonus.
Quick recap on what happened on this site.
- 10 posts.
- 50000 views.
- 25 new followers.
It is not bad considering I don’t write that well. Let’s see how the next year turns out for me and my activities.
This year I had the company of lots of good books and movies. Follow me on Instagram to see what I am reading every now and then. My Instagram handle.
Good movies seen this year :
- Justice League
- Star Wars : The Last Jedi
- Tiger Zinda Hai (I am a proud bhaitard)
Was planning to include some pictures (like last year), but wouldn’t do it because considering the amount of pictures I had taken this year, it will take another 4-5 hours as I have to go through a lot to select some. Not gonna happen. May be next year. We will see.
So signing off for this year. We will meet next year.
Last post didn’t had any songs list so this postwill have few more. Lots of great songs came out in these last 2 months.